7/22/08

Hot Sauce

I know, this is the second food related post. But hey, I like to eat, and the Bible does say in Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good. How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him!

Hot Sauce, I like it and friend of mine offered me a few bottles for free on the condition that I try it out and write a review. Here is my review and a link to the sauce. It really was great and would make great gifts to give to guys or people who like food so check it out www.offroadfire.com.


First off, I am a not a hot sauce aficionado. I like hot sauce, and use it often, but usually of the Texas Pete and Tabasco varieties. So, my palate may be as refined as some. But, I got a hold of a bottle of Off Road Fire for two reasons. One it was free, and two it had something to do with mountain biking. I like both so I figured I would love to give it a try.

First impressions, very nice packing, very visually appealing, my wife even commented on the bottle. Then a very pleasant and inviting spicy and sweet smell came from the bottle. It made me excited to try, not afraid for my taste buds. I would comment on the color, but honestly I am color blind, my wife has to make sure I match every day!

Then I deiced to try it straight. No cracker, no nothing, just the sauce. It was very nice. The spice level on the bottle was labeled as medium. But, I found it a little mild to what I am used to. Not, in a bad way. The problem with hot sauces in my opinion is that they usually mask whatever you put them on. But, this in no way would do that. The first impression was a real pleasantness. The vinegar was a very faint, but gave it a familiar pleasantness. Being from South Carolina, much of our BBQ is done with a vinegar based BBQ sauce. This reminded me of that and for me I like that. The consistency of the sauce was thick enough to hold on to the food, but not to thick as to jam the jar. This was defiantly different from the mass produced sauces which I am used to that provide, raw heat with out the subtleties found in Off Road Fire. The hint of garlic was also nice as well.

My assumptions proved right as I ate it on burgers, help up very well, although I had to use quit a bit on them. It was very nice addition to Gold Fish cheese cracker to kick them up a notch, even my 17 month old son liked them, but my wife did not little fellow eating them. It tried it on chicken and found that I needed to use a little more than I hoped to kick up the bird. So, as my bottle was running down, I had thoroughly enjoyed the sauce. It is a sauce that I think almost anyone would enjoy. My wife did not mind it and my little boy loved it. I even found myself while riding thinking about what I could put it on when I got from my ride. Very glad I got to try the sauce and wish Dave the best and look forward to sampling future offerings as well. Over all Off Road (Camp) Fire is wonderful well, balanced, everyday usage sauce that I fully recommend. I would love to try Off Road (Forrest) Fire as well.

Pastor Phillip

2 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    Thanks much for the great review Phillip. I'm really happy you liked my sauce.

  2. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    The sauce was great and best of luck to you!