2/4/09

Sunday's Sermon Notes

Parent Traps: Avoiding Satan’s Traps For Our Families

“For the LORD... will keep your foot from the trap”. Pro 3:26

Sermon #1 The Trap of Success: We should strive to foster Christlikeness over cultural accomplishment

1) Beware Of The World’s Definition of Success For Your Children

Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. Because everything that belongs to the world-- (16) the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride in one's lifestyle--is not from the Father, but is from the world. (17) And the world with its lust is passing away, but the one who does God's will remains forever 1 John 2:15-17

2) Would We Be Proud Of Jesus If He Were Our Son?

And there came a voice from heaven: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him! Matthew 3:17

3) What Was The Definition Of Success For Jesus?

"Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Me--nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done." Luke 22:42

Success For Jesus Was Lovingly And Trustingly Submitting To God’s Plan And Purpose For His Life

Success For Your Child Not Merely Being…

Popular: "There's trouble ahead when you live only for the approval of others, saying what flatters them, doing what indulges them. Popularity contests are not truth contests--look how many scoundrel preachers were approved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular.” (Luke 6:26 The Message)

Smart: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge Pro 1:7

Self-Confident: I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Well-Behaved: Hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you when he said: (8) These people honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. Matthew 15:7-8

Saved: But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Mat 10:22

So What Is Success For A Christian Parent?

Success For A Christian Parent Is Teaching Their Child To Lovingly And Trustingly Submit To God’s Plan And Purpose For Their Life

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. (14) Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-and how well I know it. (15) You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. (16) You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. (17) How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable!

Psalms 139:13-17

You Help Your Children To Become The People That God Wants Them To Be

I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

These notes were from this past Sunday. This Sunday it will be looking at the Trap Of Provision In Parenting. I hope to see you there! Pastor Phillip

0 comments :