8/4/08

Bible Reading Plan

I was checking out the Gideon's website and came across this Bible reading plan. It takes you through the whole Bible in one year. If you have never read the Bible the whole way through start today. I also recommend a good study bible. Such as the NIV Study Bible or the Life Application Study Bible. I have both and have read through each of them. I also recommend The Message. It is a very modern translation, not for everyone. But, for reading and understanding it is great. You can get a parallel version, with the NIV and the Message translation side by side. (BTW I don't have one of these and they look nice, please don't tell Rebecca.) But, the main thing is to be reading. You should enjoy it,it should not be a burden or a chore. Just take that little time morning and evening. Rebecca and I both use the same plan (The OT once and the NT and Psalms twice in a year) and we discuss what we have read throughout the day. Kind of fun. There are also tons of different reading plans, just do a google search and you will find plenty.

Pastor Phillip

0 comments :