8/1/08

Power of Encouragement

Yesterday, after I wrote a slightly depressing post. I had a friend of mine in the church just call to see how I was doing let me know that he was there for me and was praying for me. This meant the world to me. Then another friend of mine dropped the church office just to talk and pray as well. Amazing how quickly God can work through prayer. But, that made me think. If these two guys taking a little time out of their life to bless made such an impact on me, what would be it be like if we all took a little time out of day to pray for an encourage one another. That sounds like a great idea. But, it is not original with me Heb 3:13 says But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin's deception.

Notice the writer of Hebrews view a lack of daily encouragement contributing to to us being hardened and tricked by sins deception. How are we tricked by the deception of sin? It tricks us into that no one cares, that we take the easy path, that God can't handle our problems, that life will never get better. It says that these thoughts and sins will harden us. That we may be Christians but we will be hard Christians robbed of joy and hope in Christ. I know people who claim to be Christians who live like this. I wonder if they had people, to love, support, and encourage them, in their life what a difference this would have made. Let's find it is never to late to show and feel the power of encouragement.

May today we practice again what the writer of Hebrews asks of us Heb 10:23-25 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; (24) and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, (25) not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Feeling Encouraged and Refreshed,
Pastor Phillip

0 comments :