8/30/08

Talk Is Cheap


For the kingdom of God is not in talk but in power.
1 Corinthians 4:20

I am pretty full of hot air, I can talk and talk, part of that comes with being a preacher, the other part from my mom, you should hear her go. I also talk very loud, don't no why, I have good hearing. But what is talk worth well, Rush Limbaugh just singed a 400 million dollar contract. That might be a little overboard. But, talk honestly it is worth very little. We get very good at church talk, "Praise the Lord," "I can't make it without God," "Power in prayer," but very few of us do these things consistently. We talk or as A.W. Tozer says "Christians don't tell lies they just go to church and sing them." Tozer says this to note how we sing, but don't the words have their impact in our life.

You see, we need more power, more action, more involvement, less complaining, less verbal patting ourselves on the back, less bickering, more action (politicians would do well to remember this). Jesus gave short parables and sermons, but He was long on action. He showed His love on a cross. How can we show our love to God, church, and others? What lies have been singing? Not living in amazing grace, not trusting and obeying, not going in the highways and hedges, not deciding to follow Jesus?

Shutting my mouth and getting to work. Pastor Phillip


0 comments :