11/18/08

Encouragement For The Day

Do you not know? Have you not heard? Yahweh is the everlasting God, the Creator of the whole earth. He never grows faint or weary; there is no limit to His understanding. (29) He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless. (30) Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, (31) but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. (13) Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, (14) I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.

"Press on and keep pressing. If you can't fly, run; if you can't run, walk; if you can't walk-crawl." - Martin Luther King, Jr., March 31, 1956

Have A Great Day! Pastor Phillip

3 comments :

  1. John Robinson said...

    haha, I got the "state perfect" Bible Drill rating by quoting that passage from Isaiah in the 5th grade (it was in NIV of course though, back when NIV was at its peak of popularity haha)

    good blog man, you really do keep this thing updated...

  2. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    JR, I have worlds of respect for you! "State prefect", is quite the honor, I think a large sticker on the back your truck boldly proclaiming it would look great! Enjoying talking politics the other night and getting to see you. Have a great day!

  3. John Robinson said...

    yeah man same here.. its too bad the only time we get you in greenwood is when rebecca(-kah?) has dental surgery.. I may have to trek out to edgefield again soon to visit Antioch.