1/30/09

25 Things About Phillip

This came from facebook and figured it might be worth sharing.

1. Apart from Jesus changing my heart and life, I have no idea where or what I would.
2. I find true joy and meaning from seeking to rightly know my self and others through the lens of Scripture.
3. I have honestly one of the most amazingly women in the world for wife. Rebecca inspires me daily with her love, devotion, and commitment to God, church, and her family.
4. I really enjoy spending time with my son Cason, he insanely fun to play with most of the time.
5. I love being pastor. There is really nothing else in the world I would rather be doing
6. The church I pastor is awesome. We are blessed to have good numeric growth, and lots of babies. Seeing people grow closer to God and people futures changed for the better for all eternity is great.
7. Daily Bible reading is something that I can't live without. I read because I have to, because apart from the wisdom of scripture I am idiot, and good for very little!
8. Preaching, I love to explain the Bible to people. Seeing people understand scripture is a rush that I can't describe.
9. People, being able to comfort and encourage people during their times of sickness and distress is very powerful and humbling experience. I am so thankful that God allows me to be a conduit of His grace.
10. I am color blind and dumb. Really I got no clue what color M&M's or Skittles I eat.
11. I chew my finger nails. I am crazy, I will keep them for a few days and chew the same nail. I know that is nuts and gross.
12. I struggle with Caffeine addiction. If left up to myself I would drink drink Red Bull and Coffee all day long. I used to, before I quit coffee for a year drink 20 cups a day. Not kidding, but the increased productivity was cut down due to the frequent trips to the bathroom.
13. I loved Mixed Martial Arts or the UFC. I mean I love I read the related blogs, fighter bio's and get with a few guys from church all the pay-per-views.
14. I buy way too many Bibles. I own a lot and if left to my self would own a lot more. Especially smooth and supple calfskin!
15. I only wear Haynes one pocket gray t-shirts when I am not dressed for church. I mean every picture of me and Cason, I am wearing them. They can never get too old or worn.
16. On the other hand I only wear gray Haynes mid-calf athletic socks and throw them away about every four months when the elastic goes and buy new ones, much to the chagrin of my wife.
17. Paper, I can't deal with crumpled paper. I like it nice and crisp!
18. I try to blog daily. (http://pastorhowle.blogspot.com) I like expressing my self through writing, but I have a problem with verbosity.
19. I love good quotes, they are distilled wisdom. This is because a good quote can so much, using only a few words.
20. Early mornings, I love to get and work early, but can't accomplish much 8 in the evening.
21. My wife and I are pretty crazy about The Office. We also watch Frazier re-runs and own all the Seinfeld DVD's
22. I have a lot of phlegm. I know gross, but I hack and cough like a four pack a day smoker.
23. I come from an amazing family. My mom, dad, sister, aunts, and uncles all love God they are a pretty huge reason I am who I am today
24. Most days my mom and I talk 4 or 5 times a day. Days when we don't talk are few and far between.
25. I once in college got a letter from US Customs for ordering a Cuban Cigar from Great Britain. I am still suspect to searches when I cross borders, never got the Cigar, but the company promptly and kindly refunded my money.
26. I was on the quiz bowl team and the reading club in school. (Don't judge me, I played football, wrestled, and ran track too!) I am full of a little knowledge about a lot of things. One person said "I know enough to make you think I know everything, but in actuality I know very little about anything." That pretty much sums me up
27. I should have used to past 20 minutes more productively.

Pastor Phillip

1 comments :

  1. Kendy said...

    The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.