1/29/09

Changing Up

I have not been writing as much here lately, Delane Miller at my church asked me about it. The reason is I changed my preaching style. I had always been a straight through the book preacher. Pray and select the book and then go and preach. I like it a lot, but I found myself in a little rut. So, Pastor Kyle and I decided we would change do thematic series this year. The response has been good so far, but I jump around from passage to passage, change my mind a lot and I am like kid learning to ride a bike all over again. I have to now approach the Bible, from a broader perspective, than just simple then next part of the book I was preaching in.

But, it was a change. Change is hard, especially once it gets ingrained in us. I was wondering what in your life could use a change? Are there any habits, any routines, maybe even sins that have worked there way into your life you need to work out? Paul address the issue this way:

throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is rotten through and through, full of lust and deception. (23) Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes. (24) You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God's likeness-righteous, holy, and true.” Ephesians 4:22-24

So, look for areas in your life in need of change and pray for God’s grace to enable you to make them!

Pastor Phillip

0 comments :