9/2/08

How Do You View Life?


I have made it clear that abortion is one of the major issues of the election for me. Now, some would say I am a single-issue voter, fine, I'll wear that label. Not completely true, I love economics, I love all areas of the political spectrum, but murdering the unborn is far more important that the amount of taxes I have to pay.

So, when John McCain named Sarah Palin as his running mate it excited me. She is strongly pro-life. She is a woman who showed her principals in giving birth to a child with downs syndrome. I was amazed to learn that 90% of the babies who through amniocentesis are determined to have down syndrome are aborted. Sadly a vast majority of early screen positives are false. Since false positives typically prompt an amniocentesis to confirm the result, and the amniocentesis carries a small risk of inducing miscarriage, there is a slight risk of miscarrying a healthy fetus. So the goal of a prefect child is resulting in the deaths of thousands of God's great creations, sad. So, I commend Palin on allowing God to give her this her this blessing.

Then this weekend it came out that Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. The media was sure this would be a huge scandal, but this is life. We sin and we deal with the repercussions of our actions, right. This is how Sarah Palin saw things.

She said "We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support. "Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."
This is however not how Barack Obama views a pregnancy by a teenage girl. He said concerning his daughters’
"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Punished with a baby, he wants to save his daughters being punished with a baby by murdering and punishing his own grandchild. Wow, what a kind man. I wish Obama would read

Psalms 139:13-16 For it was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. (14) I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well. (15) My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was formed in the depths of the earth. (16) Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.
Imagine the pain God feels watching his creations reckless killed.All I am saying, I respect Palin and her family for living out their strong pro-life convictions. A lesser candidate or politician or person would have “saved” him or herself and his daughters from the "punishment" of a child. Sarah and her family know that Psalms 127:3 says "Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him." May God be with Sarah's daughter and the "reward" and not the "punishment" she has coming her way. My hat is off to Sarah Palin and her family and we need to let the family have their privacy and be in prayer for them.


Praying For Our Nation, Pastor Phillip




1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I am amazed at the number of "Christians" who are openly supporting Obama,,,but say that they are totally against abortion.