9/5/08

An Urgent Plea


"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." —J. S. Bach (1685-1750)

How about it Antioch, is our music bringing glory to God? Is our singing and worship through song refreshing our souls? I'll let you guys answer that. But, I know that we can and should be doing better. Hey, why not you join the choir? What is stopping you? You will never what a difference a big bellowing choir will make for our church, unless we have one. So, give up some time and come our sing. Remember
Martin Luther (1483-1546) "Next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise." By the way Bach and Luther were both Lutheran's, so us Baptist ought to able to make that happen! So let's make it happen! Sing, please, please sing!

Warming my vocal chords up for Sunday now, Pastor Phillip

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Good thing alot of folks don't surf....I have heard your singing,,,but I still love you. Thanks for your help today.

  2. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    It was Kyle's first week at church and Kyle told me "You sing really loud, I mean I could hear you at the back of the church loud." Well, I like singing and somebody has got to be the example!

    No problem about today. I was a little scared when I saw the door open, I thought man I don't want to get shot. You do owe me from the deafness I incurred from the alarm!

  3. Anonymous said...

    What did you say,,,I couldn't hear you.