9/18/08

Visitation...


A big part of being Pastor of Antioch Baptist Church is visitation. This to me just means getting to hang out with people. Sometimes it is sick people at home or in the hospital. Other times it is seniors who just love to see my son Cason more than me (that is probably true for all people though). It may be ball games or dance performances for kids in the church. But, I get to see people, who for the most part look forward to seeing you. I get to be blessing to them, and they almost always are a blessing to me in return. I was told by a wise pastor, "If you are going to be a shepherd, you better smell like your sheep." Great advice! Now, I once new a pastor who named his boat "Visitation" so when people called the church the secretary would tell them "the pastor is out on visitation." Now, I don't have a boat, but I do love getting the privilege to be apart of some many wonderful people's lives here at Antioch.

Proud To The Pastor Of Antioch Baptist Church! Pastor Phillip

0 comments :