9/19/08

Not Good For A Man To Be Alone

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is like him." Genesis 2:18

This verse speaks to me and is the beginning of next weeks sermon! Rebecca and Cason went to Greenwood yesterday and I stayed here in Edgefield. So, I got some work done and went Mountain biking. Well, after about 10 miles, I was zooming downhill at about 16 mph, when I came to an abrupt stop as I hit a tree. Don't ask what happened, because if I knew, I would have not hit the tree! My wrist hurts, my shoulder does not feel great, but my bike is really jacked up. Both rims are way out of true and I and the bike will need a tune up before I can ride again. Thank God for the nice man who picked me up and drove me the six miles back to the trail head as I was not looking forward to the long walk. So, not good for me to be alone!

Pastor Phillip

5 comments :

  1. Curt Hanna said...

    Thanks for the prayers Phillip. Hey, maybe we could get together and go mountain biking some day.

  2. Anonymous said...

    I am just impressed that you went mountain biking. Is that you in the video? I am assuming not??

    I knew I could count on you for a thoughtful and exegetical discourse on my blog. I really did just wonder what others thought. Apparently you are one of the few with an opinion. I appreciate your reading and do value your opinions. Hope you feel better as well. 'Aint blogging fun???

  3. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    Jeff, first if you use the term "exegetical discourse" again on my blog you will be banned. This is your warning and you are on notice.

    Second, I am fine. I love riding. We are blessed here within 15 miles of my house to have some of the best MTB in the whole southeast.

    So, when I get the money, I'll get the bike fixed. So, I will be riding on the road the next few weeks on my road bike.

    God Bless, Phillip

  4. Anonymous said...

    Didn't mean to offend you. I was actually tryting to compliment you. You are thoughtful and thorough. I simply used the term to discribe the length. Most of the crap (can I put tht on someone elses comments??) that I put out is so short and blunt, that I am impressed by those who can "bring it". Hope you see the smile on my face as I reply. Again, I hope you feel better.

  5. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    Sorry you did not see the smile on my first face first as I replied :)! Man, I was kidding! I have not heard that since seminary. It is hard to convey sarcasm via the typed word. I enjoy your blog as well, and glad you are feeling better!

    Really sorry about the mix up in communication.