1/15/09

Love A Sea Kitty.


I love PETA (people eating tasty animals). They are great. They used to go to fishing tournaments and slap the water with bamboo poles to scare the fish away. Now, they are seeking to save fish by re-naming them sea-kittens. I can't really make this up. You must go and check out this website. You can adopt a sea-kitty, read bedtime stories to sea-kitty. It is great. It makes me want to thaw out some frozen catfish filets for dinner tonight.

I also learned this great facts like these

Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection.

OR

Sea kittens talk to each other through squeaks, squeals, and other low-frequency sounds that humans can only hear through special instruments. Most ichthyologists—scientists who specialize in sea kitten biology—agree that this is just about the cutest thing ever.
But, re-naming something is a strong tacit. Jerry Bridges recently came out with a new book which is titled, Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We tolerate. In one of his opening chapters, he states:
"We see that the entire concept of sin has virtually disappeared from our American culture at large and has been softened, even within many of our churches, to accommodate modern sensibilities. Indeed, strong biblical words for sin have been excised from our vocabulary.


The Bible says we are sinners. But take Joel Osteen When asked by Larry King if he uses the word “sinners,” he replied,
“I don’t use it. I never thought about it. But I probably don’t. But most people already know what [when] they’re doing wrong. When I get them to church I want to tell them that you can change.”
He does not use the word sinner and what’s remarkable is the he has not even thought about it. Sinner is offensive so just don't say it. Look at the repacking of other words. Take the sin of adultery, it is called an affair, or sleeping together, running around, cheating. It is adultery, it is a sin, no matter how you dress it up. Or take fornication, it is now hooking up, a fling, or one night stand. Homosexuality is now alternative lifestyle.

All I am saying is fish are fish, sin is sin, and beware of you are anyone else starts repacking words, ideas, and concepts. Do you call the sin your life sin or do you rename and package it. I am sinner, because if I was not or did not see myself as such then
2 Cor 5:21 "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ" would not be true for me.


Got to go read to my sea kitty, Pastor Phillip

0 comments :