8/10/08

God Is Not Throgh With Me Yet

Do you like taking on big tasks and projects? I do sometimes, I always enjoyed writing really long papers in seminary (I know kind of perverse). But, I liked the planning and seeing each step completed and the final result which was usually pretty good, (thanks to the extensive proof reading of my wonderful wife). But a freind of mine said he could not imagine a larger task that God could ever undertake as trying to help you and me become conformed to the image of His Son! But, he has promised to do this. In Rom 8:29 which we read this morning the passage told us that "(29) For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son..." This is a promise and guarantee! But, think of the work it will take for God to get us conformed to the image of His Son. All the work it will take, all the time, but God loves us and evidently He thinks we are worth it. So, we should remember that we are works in progress and give each other grace, understanding that if God can deal with us, the we should be able to love and deal with one another. This week, don't become discouraged, but try and remember the truth of what Philippians 1:6 says "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

So none of us are there, but God promises we will be. I look forward to the day when we all are!

Trying to Not to Get In God's Way of His Work On Me! Pastor Phillip

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Very good point!