8/13/08

The Pleasure Of Loving My Wife!


You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures. Psa 16:11
I have a ball with my wife, she is truly amazing. She is my best freind, a source good guidance, great looking, wonderful mother, serves her church, and she is great looking! (BTW, no we did not have a fight last night!) I say all that to make the point, that our time spent with God with God should elicit even greater feelings or respect, joy, and wonder. I mean Rebecca is great, but she did not create the world (if she had there would no spiders and things would be a lot pinker), she did not die for my sins (but she will get sideways on you, if you mess with either of her two men), she can't run the universe (but she keeps a tight home). You get my point, as David wrote above, we should love and long after God's guidance, God's presence (which is everywhere) should make us smile, and eternal joy and true pleasure comes from Him.

Why do we not see and experience this fully? I have had only a handful of times in my life where this has been true. First, our sin as Isaiah says in 59:2 There's nothing wrong with God; the wrong is in you. Your wrongheaded lives caused the split between you and God. Your sins got between you so that he doesn't hear. Second, our desires are to small. We enjoy the petty material things more that deep fellowship with God. Third, we don't expect enough. You have to expect more. Don't be content with a mediocre Christian life, demand, work, pray, ask, seek, expect , more from God. He will make it happen he promises in Jer 29:13-14 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Trying To Make Psalm 16:11 A Reality In My Life & Our Church, Pastor Phillip

0 comments :