8/16/08

Weekend Survey?


Hey tell us what translation, and what type of Bible do you use? Why?
Also, how many bible do you have in your house?

I look forward to seeing the results.

Me, I have probably 15 or more Bibles in my house of office. I switched a little over a year ago from the New American Standard Bible, (a very literal rendering of the Greek and Hebrew) to the Holman Christian Standard Bible (a accurate, but easier to read and understand Bible). The is my favorite translation as well, and what i preach and read out oof.

So how about you? Pastor Phillip

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    16 Bibles one with 4 translation. I have read the entire Bible, but only one time.

  2. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    16 Bibles! Wow, I like that. Do you like the parallel Bible with four translations? I have thought about buying one of those? Also, I recommend getting on a Bible reading plan and trying to read the Bible in a year or some plans allow for two years. I once in seminary took a challenge of reading 15 chapters a day of Scripture and you read the Bible in three months. That was crazy, you read Genesis in almost three days. Mark you almost read all in one clip.

    Thanks for the response.
    BTW what is your favorite translation?