11/14/08

My Wife's Mouth...

My wonderful wife Rebecca had to have periodontal surgery yesterday (no kissing for me for a while). They had to cut gums from the top of her mouth and paste them to her bottom gums, as pretty as that sounds. She feels pretty good, but she can’t talk well and it does hurt her to talk. I miss talking to her; she is my best friend and the greatest source of encouragement in my life. So, with her not being able to verbally encourage me (I am a big words of affirmation love language guy), I sat and allowed God to encourage me instead of her. I felt in a way kind of narcissistic, but I sat quietly and tried to listen to God’s love and approval of me. I just thought of all the stories of scripture that show how much God loves for me. Then to just to think about the love shown on the cross and God’s Sprit living inside me, it was great. Now, I was not making requests known to God just listening to God affirm my life and who I am. I struggled in a way of allowing God to do, because I struggle with feeling even worthy of God’s love. But, allowing that love to fill me this morning was powerful, something that I have not felt in a very long time. Just to know that I am loved and accepted by God means that the thoughts and the feelings of the rest of the world fade in distance. Now, this was a unique experience. I still had my time for confession of sin and repentance, but God loves me, sins failures and all. That is good news! Try to listen to God’s love of you every now and then, I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Praying My Wife Fells Better, Phillip

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Certainly hope Rebecca is feeling better. I know that she can handle not talking....but if it were you, I am afraid they would have to put you in a medically induced coma for several days to keep you from going crazy!!!!

  2. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    You are right there!