11/10/08

What A Day!

I had a great day so far (it is only 2). I had three people in the church all who had to have surgeries at two different hospitals this morning. So, I got to visit and pray will all of them. I got to visit my friend, Joel, who is in the hospital as well (He has got to come home because we have a UFC pay-per-view this weekend!). I also got to visit a famous set of little twins named Emme and Abby. There mom has has had two sets of twins, the first set (boys) were born on Nov,2, 2004, election day and the second set born on Nov,4,2008, election (also my birthday). They are doing great, still in the NICU, but both doing well. I also got home and got my new Reformation Study Bible, ESV in burgundy genuine leather. They were free with a donation to Ligonier Ministries. I respect the wonderful work of reformed Bible scholars. I have benefited from it much, and disagree with many parts of it, but I appreacite their work. So, I got a new Bible, like I needed another one.

But, the highlight was thatI had the privilege of sharing Jesus with a lady who made Jesus Dolls. I asked her if she went to church and she said "No, but I make Jesus dolls." You can check out here many variously colored Jesus dolls here. My favorite is the seven foot tall remote control Jesus. I looked but could not find any "8 pound 6 ounce tiny Baby Jesus, so little but still omnipotent" So, with Christmas coming up maybe the person who has it all in your life, may just need a new and pretty locally made Jesus doll!

Got to get back to work! Pastor Phillip

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a great day as I know all went well with the surgeries today. Thank you for your devotion to seeing Gods work tended to. I know you will rest well tonight. God Bless.

  2. Anonymous said...

    LOVE the Talledega Nights reference.

  3. Pastor Phillip Howle said...

    No one else will know that. Be quite Jeff! Miss your writing buddy. Hope your doing well. Phillip