11/11/08

Secret Things Of God

The hidden things belong to the LORD our God, but the revealed things belong to us and our children forever, so that we may follow all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:92

I am sitting here in my office with a sack of 10 commentaries on the Book of Genesis. I am not a very bright guy, so I must consult the help of far more intelligent men of God to help me. But, I am trying to probe the mind of God through the depths of Scripture. But, as I sit here my mind came back to what I read in Philip Yancey's book "Reaching For The Invisible God" last night after I got finished baby sitting my son Cason and his friend Copeland (they boys were great!). In it he makes the point that God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. Now, you can look all these "omni" words up, but God is God and God speaks to us. God speaks to us. He further adds that this means that any method of communication God chooses, God is having to dumb down and limit Himself to our finite ability to hear, see, understand, and perceive God.

Could God tell us more than he does? Sure. Has God told us all that we need? Yes. Do we obey and understand all that God has given us now? No. So, as I read through these commentaries today and seek to be enlightened by God, I am going to focus on living out that which God has clearly revealed. I think it is good advice for all of us to do the same.

Getting back to work, Pastor Phillip

0 comments :